The unit UPR/5000 bring an additional educational dimension with an automated process with a supervision
Control panel – Supervision – data acquisition
- 10L, jacketed SS vessel, and SS cover, with pH probe. Heating and cooling area.
- Variable speed stirrer.
- Glass feeding vessel. Control valve.
- Glass distillation column, SS Multiknit packing.
- Reflux divider with PTFE pneumatic valve.
- Glass shell and SS coil condenser.
- Azeotropic decanter. Phase selection manifold.
- Graduated glass receiver. Control valves.
- Graduated glass receiver, 2L. Setting valve, vent and draining valves.
- Vacuum circuit, with vacuum trap. Control valve. Vacuum pump.
- Cold water circuit with control valve for reactor cooling.
- Steam heating circuitry. Control valve.
- Pt 100 Ω temperature probes.
- Vacuum gauge.
- pH transmitter.
Dim : 300 x 160 x 250 cm – 275 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
Multi-purpose automated reactor
The unit consists in one SS reactor, jacketed with heating and cooling area.
This design allows to heat, cool and maintain a set temperature.
Solid reagents are loaded through an accessible filling port on the cover.
One feeding funnel (filled under vacuum) is used to introduce liquid reagents inside the reactor.
A control valve allows accurate pouring of batch quantity of reagents or controlled pH based introduction.
During distillation, the reflux head is used to varie the reflux ratio from Zero to total reflux.
This ratio is set from the control panel (view on HMI).
The distillate is collected in 2 receiving funnels for which the filling is automated:
a level detection on the first one allows to detect if the capacity is full and to switch
to the second one.
The management of the first receiver is fully automated (filling, vacuum, draining etc…).
The second receiver is manual and used as a buffer.
Run the following operations
Liquid-liquid mixing or solid-liquid dissolution.
Use a SCADA controlled unit
Run the process.
Control of parameters.
Record experimental data.
Create automated sequences
Distillation according head temperature.
High level alarms management.
Automated draining during under vacuum process.