Operate a continuous distillation process
Operate a batch distillation process
- Metering pump.
- Electrical pre-heater.
- 3 feeding level on the column.
- 6 L glass shell heater equipped with a resistance overflow tube.
- Glass Column with Multiknit packing and SS Sampling flange.
- Glass reflux head, with reflux dividing solenoid valve.
- SS & glass coil condenser.
- 2 graduated glass receivers, 1 L.
– Venting thermostate.
– Pressure relief on the preheater.
- Temperature probes Pt100Ω.
- 1 differential pressure transmitter.
- 1 flowmeter.
- 1 level sensor.
- 1 touch screen with data acquisition.
Distillation or rectification:
The distillation process separates several volatile liquids, simple or complex mixtures,
by a series of vaporisation and condensation steps.
A number of liquids may be separated in this way if their boiling points are sufficiently different.
Continuous distillation separates a mixture into fractions: a volatile fraction, the distillate
extracted at the column head and a heavy fraction, the residue extracted at the bottom of the column.
Characterization of a distillation efficiency
Determination of the theoretical
Number of plates
Influence of the operating parameters
Column pressure drop