Liquid – Liquid extraction in a stirred column
- 2 SS pumps, variable rate.
- Glass decanter with light phase outlet, heavy phase feeding.
- Glass column.
- Stirring shaft, made of 20 SS Rushton type stirrer.
- Glass decanter with heavy phase outlet, light phase feeding.
- Inter-phase level setting by lateral crosshead.
- Polyethylene storage tank, 10 L.
- 2 flowmeters.
Dim : 140 x 60 x 240 cm – 120 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
The liquid liquid extraction
Liquid-liquid extraction is a fundamental material transfer operation based on the varying solubility of the
components of a mixture. It entails extracting a compound from a solution (solute dissolved in a diluent)
by selective transfer to a second liquid (solvent), non-miscible with the first and with different density.
A stirring device 9, allows to stir the liquid in the column, increasing the contact between the
two phases and the mass transfer from one to another.
Study of a continuous liquid-liquid extraction
Interphase level determination
Column effiency determination (HUT/NUT)