Compare three industrial heat exchangers with identical surface areas: 0,5 m2
Two technology (tubular, plates) same material
Two materials (stainless steel, glass) same technology
- ECH1: plate exchanger, stainless steel.
- ECH2: glass/stainless steel exchanger, SURLYN coated. Tube with baffle-plates, composed of SS tubes
- ECH3: glass/glass exchanger, SURLYN coated. Tube with baffle-plates, composed of glass tubes.
For each of these three exchangers:
- Two three-way valves for selection of the direction of circulation.
- Heating unit .
- Steam circuitry: flowrate and bottling of condensate setting valves.
- Temperature probes Pt100Ω.
The design of this unit allows the study of three industrial exchangers
with identical surfaces: a plate heat exchanger, a glass shell and SS tube
heat exchanger and a glass shell and glass tube heat exchangers.
Two three‐way valves allows the study in co‐current and counter-current
flow in each heat exchanger.
Study the parameters affecting heat transfer
Exchanger materials: glass, stainless steel
Regime: turbulent, laminar
Circulation: co-current, counter-current
Thermal transfer fluid used: hot water, steam
Characterize and compare heat transfers
Overall experimental and theoretical heat exchange coefficient K