Study two centrifugal pumps mounted on a hydraulic circuit
The circuit can be heated or put under vacuum
- Insulated SS tank, level visualization.
- SS electrical resistance.
- SS motor pump with 3 wheels of different diameters, mounted on rails.
- Measurement of the engine torque by counterweight and balance.
- SS centrifugal pump with transparent flask.
- Serial coupling selection valve.
- Temperature probe Pt100Ω.
- Vacuum gauges with pressure stabilizer.
- Manometers with pressure stabilizer.
Dim : 170 x 65 x 215 cm – 250 kg
SS tubular framework 40 x 40mm
Study a motor pump
Determine characteristic TDH (total dynamic head) graphs against flow rate (for different
wheel diameters, different rotation speeds, suction and load operation)
Define yields (electrical consumption/motor torque/hydraulic power)
Study a self-contained centrifugal pump
Determine the characteristic TDH graph as a function of the flow rate at a set speed
Study of the pump coupling methods
Coupling in series or parallel
Observation of the cavitation
Cavitation due to heating, negative pressure or intake throttling