Mass transfer between gas-phase and liquid-phase
Unit to put on table
- Liquid-phase feeding pump, magnetic drive, sampling valve.
- Glass column, in three parts:
– Column head, with SS plate equipped with a liquid flow diffuser.
– Packed section, , glass Raschig rings 6×6, SS packing support.
– Column bottom, SS plate.
- Enriched liquid-phase magnetic pump.
- Receiver, polyethylene, draining valve.
- Graduated glass funnel, 2.5 L.
- 2 pipe U manometers.
- 2 water flowmeters.
- CO2 flowmeter.
- Air flowmeter.
Study the hydrodynamics of a packed column
Determine over flooding conditions
Determine packing factor
Study the absorption of CO2
Materials balance on the gaseous solute
Determination the efficiency of the column by defining the HTU and NTU
Demonstrate the exothermic effect due to absorption